Sunday, May 20, 2007

Thinking about you girls today.



"Ever since I can remember, I have been involved in the eccentric and vastly unknown sport of curling. As a child it was integrated into my life by my Scottish-born parents, who brought me to the local ice rink to watch them curl in their evening league games. For them it was social: a vast array of drinks, plaid rugs, and strangers united by the graceful oddity of a 42 lb rock sliding across pebbled ice. For me, it was magical and it became the creation of so much more. Looking back now across ten years of my own curling experiences, I can only start to understand how much curling has affected my life and the person I am today."

My awkward introductory paragraph for the essay that got us four thousand dollars from the Olympic committee. I have some stuff from Worlds and some old goals I've been looking through to show you on Wednesday. (Nikki, some other time ok?)

No comments: