Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007-2008 GNCC Junior Playdowns : Thursday

Well it's nine o'clock at the Ramada hotel in Whitesboro, New York and Team Walker is thinking about bed. We have the massive ipod speakers hooked up, and the walls of our minuscule hotel room jam packed with cream cheese and shampoo literally shake. It's an early start tomorrow morning with a 7:30 AM team meeting and then a 9 AM draw. But after stopping by the club post-dinner, we are ready to get out on the ice and get going.

I got to see a little bit of sheet one and the overall ice conditions and it looks pretty generic -- more curl towards the wall and less away, the ice seems quick although I've heard complaints about weird spots. I don't like the new(?) format with choice of rocks pre-chosen, what if the Utica Curling Club happened to have quite a few bad rocks that could have an impact on the outcome of the game...? I guess it's a good thing we didn't have any practice time, at least then we don't KNOW about the rocks until about the fifth end and by that time it's either too late or not a problem. I could probably complain about a lot of other things, but I guess I won't.

Okay so it's 9:07, definitely time for bed.

No comments: